Cheese and Wine Party
Please note: as per Kerala Government Alcohol regulations, we cannot serve alcohol from outside of Kerala. So this year, there will not be any alcohol from outside Kerala
Cheese is good for you. This will be the 19th official DebConf Cheese party. The 0th party was improvised in Helsinki during DebConf 5, in the so-called “French” room. It then found its way into the official timetable at DebConf 6, in Mexico, and has been a DebConf tradition ever since.
The concept is very simple: bring tasty things from your country, preferably edible. Grapes and lactose are both optional: we like cheese, but we love the surprising things that people bring from all around the world. Even if you do not bring anything, feel free to participate: our priorities are our users and free cheese.
Some bits from previous editions:
- C&W12, DebConf17, Montreal, Canada, August 7th 2017
- C&W13, DebConf18, Hsinchu, Taiwan, August 30th 2018
- DebConf19, Curitiba, Brazil, July 22nd 2019
- DebConf20, Online, August 28th, 2020
- DebConf22, Kosovo, July 19th, 2022
Sept 11th, 2023 (Monday), from 19:00 to 22:30 IST.
Can I participate in the party (i.e., eat and drink) if I haven’t brought anything?
- Sure, you can. We do not require you to bring anything to share.
- However, the greater the cheesy variety, the better the party will be.
- If it is not possible to bring cheese, you can bring some other food or drink typical of your region.
I couldn’t bring anything from home but would like to participate. Is there a way to do so?
- You can buy something (excluding alcohol) from supermarkets near from the venue.
- For alcohol, you can buy something from the Four Points hotel.
- You can help us too! C&W helpers meetings will be announced on debconf-announce.
I brought XXX and do not know where to store it!
- If you are staying at the venue, you’ll have mini bars in your rooms which you can use to store cheese, etc. Please get in touch with Front Desk if you are not staying at the hotel.
I forgot what I brought!
- Please make sure your C&W submissions are labelled, so that this does not happen.
Is there anything special I should do when bringing my C&W submissions?
- Please make sure all items are clearly identified. If the packaging does not say what you’ve brought, please label it yourself. The label should say what it is, where it comes from, and (if relevant) what it is made of.
- If your item unexpectedly contains allergens or things people may wish to avoid (e.g. shellfish, pork, alcohol), please point it out.
Vegans do not eat cheese. Can they still attend?
- Yes! We accept (and encourage) the submission of vegan friendly food (including vegan cheese).
Register your submissions
Please register your cheese submissions on the wiki.
Indian customs regulations
For details on customs regulations, see here.
Would you like to help us?
Sign up to volunteer (details will be provided later).
We will need volunteers to receive and store cheese donations from attendees, during DebCamp and DebConf.
And on the day of the party, we will need a team to prepare venue and cheese, and clean up afterwards.